Get ready to create your business idea!
In this activity, you will analyse the entire process chain of generating and marketing a product by developing a sustainable business model for your own idea.
This training session will help you to:
- Understand what a business model is.
- Know various terms such as: Idea, Creativity, Business Model, Mini Canvas, Design, Implementation, Profit, Sustainability
- Argue using concrete examples of why your idea has a chance to be implemented in the market and society.
Complete the following activities:
1. Perception of Business Ideas
Brainstorm a business idea, write it down on a Post-its and briefly present it. Short of ideas? Read Worksheet 1: Our Economy Needs New Ideas and watch these videos to get enough creative for business, product or service ideas. Weird Japanese Inventions:
Where Good Ideas Come From:
2. Describe your Business Idea
Write a description of your own idea (max. one A4-size page, around 3,000 characters).
3. From an Idea to a Sustainable Business Model
4. Your idea and business model
Prepare your idea and develop your business model according to the entrepreneurial design canvas.
5. Self reflection
This activity includes best practices of IFTE (Initiative for Teaching Entrepreneurship) provided for the project DARE - Day One Alliance for Employment that is funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA and Norway Grants Fund for Youth Employment.
Get activity badge
Get activity badge subtitle
Earners of this badge participated in the Employment Lab training session on business idea development as part of the DARE - Day One Alliance for Employability project. The aim of this training session was to develop a business idea and model how to implement it.
This badge is the digitally verified micro-credential that you got to know the following:
- How to develop ideas.
- How to identify and seize opportunities.
- How to present a draft concept.
- How to analyse whether or not an idea will generate a profit.
- How to describe an idea in a well-structured text, both orally and in written form (Introduction – Solution – Conclusion).
The project is funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA and Norway Grants Fund for Youth Employment.
Issued by organiser or scanning QR code
Complete all the training session activities.