Get ready to practice goal setting!
During this training session you will understand and use the decision – making process that will improve your goal setting skills and how to formulate them. This will help you to evaluate factors affecting work decisions and importance of life-long learning.
This training session will help you:
- define and prioritize personal and career goals;
- make a plan to reach the goals and outcomes;
- evaluate personal learning capacities and needs
- make career decisions;
- evaluate factors affecting career decisions.
Complete the following activities:
- Get familiar with the concept of a S.M.A.R.T. Goal. Take the handouts: “S.M.A.R.T. goals” and share with your pair one thing you wish to accomplish in the next 6 months in the area of education or employment.
- Get familiar with the career decision-making model. Take the handouts: “Career decision - making criteria” and write up to 5 career choices and evaluate how these choices meet your interests, values, personality traits, abilities, skills, life priorities, etc.
- Watch Youtube video
and split into groups and answer the questions:
- How is the nature of work changing in the current world compared to what it was before?
- How do you understand the concept of life-long learning?
- What percentage of an educational institution’s learning prepares young people for a career, and what is still needed to function in the workplace?
- Why is lifelong learning becoming increasingly important for career development?
This activity includes best practices of Jaunimo karjeros centras provided for the project DARE - Day One Alliance for Employment that is funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA and Norway Grants Fund for Youth Employment.
Get activity badge
Get activity badge subtitle
Earners of this badge participated in the goal setting training session on career planning as part of the DARE - Day One Alliance for Employability project. The aim of this training session was to understand the decision – making process and improve goal setting skills.
This badge is the digitally verified micro-credential that you got to know the following:
- goal setting process and skills;
- decision-making process and concept of S.M.A.R.T. goal;
- external and internal factors affecting work decisions;
- benefits and different types of lifelong learning.
The project is funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA and Norway Grants Fund for Youth Employment.
Issued by organiser or scanning QR code
Complete training session activities.