Get ready to learn about the labor market!
During this training session you will learn about the labor market and new trends in the employment process. You will have an opportunity to learn more about new career/job possibilities and forecast for the future.
This training session will help you:
- To learn the most common job market requirements.
- To improve information finding, analyzing and teamwork skills.
- To form realistic expectations of what skills, characteristics or experience is required in the job market.
- To know recent trends in employment practices.
- To be familiar with green careers/jobs and needed education.
Complete the following activities:
- Think of the most important job market requirements and write them down.
- Form a team of 3-6 people to work together and analyse 5-8 job advertisements online in relation to the job requirements. Present 3 of the most frequent and compare what you wrote down previously.
- Share with others what kind of employment possibilities you know.
- Form a team you want to work with, choose one type of employment and find out as much information about that type as possible. Make a presentation of your findings.
- Get familiar with the question in handouts: My Ideal Working Environment. Reflect them individually and determine your priorities on the basis of these questions and present them in a pie chart.
- Share with others what you know about green careers. For more information about green careers you can watch What are green jobs? and Green jobs, the key to sustainable development.
- Form a team choose a green job that you would like to analyse. Create a poster or presentation with facts related to your chosen green career and present it to others.
This activity includes best practices of Jaunimo karjeros centras provided for the project DARE - Day One Alliance for Employment that is funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA and Norway Grants Fund for Youth Employment.
Get activity badge
Get activity badge subtitle
Earners of this badge participated in the labor market training session on emerging jobs and employment trends as part of the DARE - Day One Alliance for Employability project. The aim of this training session was to analyze different types of employment and understand the recent trends in employment practices.
This badge is the digitally verified micro-credential that you got to know the following:
- Identify required qualifications, skills and experience for specific work options.
- Ability to keep in touch with trends of employment practices.
- Assess the environmental impact of a particular career path.
- Able to find information about green careers.
The project is funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA and Norway Grants Fund for Youth Employment.
Issued by organiser or scanning QR code
Complete training session activities.