Get ready to practice critical thinking!
During this training session you will be able to understand the core idea of communication and improve your competence in oral, written, and visual communication. This will help you to think beyond the barriers, manage conflicts and change them into opportunities.
This training session will help you:
- understand the core of communication;
- apply effective communication skills;
- discover the impact of changing communication methods on society.
Complete the following activities:
- Read the abstract from the policy speech of a company’s leader handouts: “Understanding Workplace Diversity” and write down multinational, multicultural or multi-social groups, the members of which are mentioned in the speech.
- Read the list and mark the groups, members of those you know work in your company or live in your environment. Add those not mentioned in the text, if any.
- Watch the film: “Conflict Is Difficult”
or read video transcript and list the conflict provoking communication manners mentioned in it.
4. Form a team of two people and find antonyms to conflict provoking words and phrases.
5. Share your findings with others.
6. Form 6 teams and draw a plan on how trainers are planning to use the text (received your group) for their lessons/training sessions:
- for which audience of participants;
- what aim;
- what topics they will clarify during the session;
- what tasks they would give to the students during the lesson (remember ERR framework!).
7. Present your plans.
This activity includes best practices of Jaunimo karjeros centras provided for the project DARE - Day One Alliance for Employment that is funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA and Norway Grants Fund for Youth Employment.
Get activity badge
Get activity badge subtitle
Earners of this badge participated in the mind development training session on career development as part of the DARE - Day One Alliance for Employability project. The aim of this training session was to understand the core idea of communication and improve oral, written, and visual communication competence.
This badge is the digitally verified micro-credential that you got to know the following:
- the core of communication;
- be a good listener;
- speak clearly and directly;
- respect other people and different ideas;
- be able to give and receive feedback;
- resolve conflicting situations.
The project is funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA and Norway Grants Fund for Youth Employment.
Issued by organiser or scanning QR code
Complete training session activities.